Tuesday, February 15, 2011

[Insert catchy title here]



Now for more details! Friday night was wonderful, and ISM was so blessed to have over 90 students attend our Valentine's Snack n Chat. It was great to see how many people turned out for the event and took part in the dancing that we had after the meal. Overall, the night was definitely a success! The picture at the top of this post is of some of our very full dinner tables. The one on the bottom shows a few of our girls dancing a new hip hop dance we were taught that night.




Although I am grateful for the numbers, I hope that this will not be the only time I see many of the new students I saw on Friday night. It's true that some international students that come to ISM events will only attend our activities once, but I would like to see more students come to multiple events or even come to our Sunday small group that ISM hosts for believers and seekers. As a ministry, we are reassessing what God's will is for this ministry. As an individual, I am trying to assess what God has for me in ISM. I enjoy interacting with international students, and I love the fact that many have begun to recognize me as a leader and constant presence at ISM events. I want to stay with ISM, but I can only imagine who will be joining me as an ISM intern next year. Irregardless, I am excited to see what God does!

China-wise, I am pleased to announce that my portion of the trip is paid in full. Thank you so much for all your prayers and provision! Even though May is a long way away, the trip is starting to become more of a reality for me. I could not ask for a better group with which to go, and I am glad that we have the time to meet and get to know each other well in advance of our departure.

I'll just leave you with a picture of Kunming. It is supposed to be 70-80 degrees the whole trip long.



Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment